We're glad you are taking the time to read through our policies. Detailed on this page is information about how we protect your privacy, the cans and cants of using our website and how we handle your user data.
1. Who are we?
Oasis Cover Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, F.R.N.: 744721. The Insurer is China Taiping Insurance (UK) Co. Ltd
Oasis Cover Ltd is a data controller for the provision of this policy.
2. Why we collect your information
In order to provide you with a quotation or to fulfil the contract we need to collect your personal information. We only collect the information we need to provide you with the best service and experience we can.
3. Lawful basis for processing
Oasis Cover Ltd will rely on the following basis when processing personal data for the provision of the contract and throughout the handling of the policy:
- Vital interests;
- Legitimate interests;
- Public Task.
4. How do we use this information
When you provide us with your information it may be necessary for us to pass on that information to third parties for the purposes of accepting the contract and handling claims. Any information you give to us will be processed by us in compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation.
We use your information:
- to share with agencies that carry out certain activities on our behalf (those who underwrite the policy);
- to share with our approved partners where this is required to help deal with your claim or let you benefit from our services;
- to disclose some of your information to any other companies that provide a service to us or you.
Once a month all of our customer data is cross referenced on the Sanctions Register to ensure that our business continues to comply with the HM Treasury. This is completed internally and your information is not passed to them.
5. Information about or provided by another person
6. Third Parties
Your personal data may be passed to (but not limited to):
- Autohome Fleet Rescue;
- Knowles Loss Adjuster;
- MSL (legal advice helpline);
- Third Party repair agents;
- China Taiping Insurance (UK) Ltd;
- VoxVault (our telecommunications provider);
- Sagepay (for the processing of card payments);
- Insurance Fraud Bureau;
- Financial Ombudsman Service;
- NatWest & NatWest bank line;
- MB Secure Ltd;
- Mark Bates Ltd;
- Financial Conduct Authority.
7. What information we hold
In order to provide a quotation or to fulfil the contract we may ask for the following information:
- Full name;
- Date of Birth;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Criminal History;
- Financial History;
- Health Conditions.
We hold this information for a minimum of 6 years, after this time your information will be securely destroyed.
8. How we protect your data
We take data protection very seriously. Being regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Information Commissioners Office we have a duty to ensure that all our data is properly protected and as such our IT infrastructure is designed to meet industry standards. Examples of the measures in place include: firewall protection, password protection and cyber security measures.
Data protection for Oasis Cover Ltd is overseen by Stephen Parker and reviewed on a regular basis. If you have any further questions you can contact us by telephone 01476 513797, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
Your data may be transferred to a country which falls outside the ICO’s scope of adequate countries, however your insurer have the necessary safeguards in place to ensure that all recipients are GDPR compliant. For full details of how your personal data is used and stored by your insurer please visit http://uk.cntaiping.com/uk-privacy/.
9. Controlling your personal information
Oasis Cover Ltd will always require you to ‘opt-in’ to direct marketing and confirm how you wish to receive this. You can remove yourself at any time by contacting our office by post, email or telephone.
We may use your personal information to send out promotional information about current and new policies available which may be of interest to you.
10. Your Rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed - The right to request details of the data being processed;
- The right to access – The right to be made aware of what details are being held;
- The right to rectification - The right to have incorrect data corrected;
- The right to erasure - The ‘right to be forgotten’;
- The right to restrict processing - The right to restrict certain processing of data including objecting to personal data being used for direct marketing purposes;
- The right to data portability – The right to have your data transferred to another insurer;
- The right to object – The right to object to your data being processed;
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please telephone, write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct or delete any information found to be incorrect.
If you wish to exorcise any of the above rights please contact us to start this process.
If you wish to raise a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact our Compliance Department at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).